Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blessings From Heaven

So Generous!
    
My Beautiful Cake
The Apron Memory Game!

Tuesday was my first baby shower.  My family at ENC put it on for me, specifically, Krista and Christine.  I was so overwhelmed by the generosity of my sisters in Christ.  We were showered with clothes, books, blankets, flowers, diapers, toys, etc.  It was amazing.  I was on the verge of tears the whole time.  I couldn't believe how lovely it was.  Hannah helped me open gifts.  It was a good thing too because I was just so filled with emotion I could hardly unwrap them.



We also found out this week that all the under boards on our roof need to be replaced.  I got home from work on Tuesday afternoon and there was no way into my house.  There were shingles everywhere.  There were two huge stacks of plywood blocking the driveway.  We needed help desperately.  There was no way we'd be able to afford the labor to pay Randy and Allen to clean up the mess.  I called my brother and he "rallied the troops".  His girlfriend Kate, Kate's sister Mary, my dad and my mother-in-law Jan all came over and helped Josh clean up the yard.  I was overwhelmed by this as well.  I had prayed for God to send some angels to our house to help us and he did.  When Jan and I came home from church with the trunk full of baby things, all the shingles were cleaned up.

My poor husband was so tired he could barely move.  We sat on the couch together, exhausted and in awe.  He was amazed by the response to our pleas for help with the roof mess as well as the tremendous amount of gifts that our church family had blessed us with.  Jan and Dave, Josh's mom and dad, stayed until 9:30pm moving plywood into our backyard in the dark. 

But that's not all.  Today, Wednesday the 13th, I came to work and my department had brought in food and gifts and decorated my office to celebrate the babies.  We gathered in the common area and they gave me their gifts.  They got me onesies, crib sheets, a crib blanket and a carseat!!  I couldn't believe it.  God is so good to me.  I don't even know how to praise him enough for the wonderful people that are in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment